Made in West Sussex in 2019 with Serif WebPlus X8                                    Website Privacy                                              Enquiries to the


 ‘Every Child and Young Person in the Rother Valley Matters’

‘Attention Deficit hyperactivity Disorder’ (ADHD) refers to a neurological condition with behavioural symptoms that include poor concentration, restlessness and fidgeting, impulsiveness and being easily distracted. ADhD is the most common neurological condition in the UK. It affects around 2 to 5 per cent of school-age children and is more common in boys than girls. For most people ADHD is a life-long condition, although the symptoms usually improve with age. however, some people may continue to experience difficulties into adulthood. Children who only have difficulties with inattention tend to be diagnosed with ‘attention deficit disorder’ (ADD), which can go unnoticed because the symptoms may be less obvious.

After discussion between school and parents, pupils exhibiting symptoms may need to have advice from the behaviour support team and/or be referred to Child and Mental Health (CAMHs) via the GP. If there is a diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) then medication may be prescribed to aid concentration in school.

SENDCo can arrange a consultation with the behaviour support team

Possible referral to Child and Mental Health team (CAMHS)

GP may prescribe medication to aid concentration

Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)  & Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)


ADHD Reaching Families and Amaze Factsheet here

NHS advice on ADD and ADHD here

National Attention Deficit Disorder Information and Support Service (ADDISS) website

The Hyperactive Children’s Support Group (HACSG) – website

ASD and Challenging Behaviour Support Group

Meet alternate Tuesdays at the Chichester Children and Family Centre leaflet

West Sussex ADHD support

- a parent-led volunteer team, supporting parents, carers, professionals and families with ADHD. More information and contact details here.